1. Wellard share prices woeful, languishing around 25c in a much lambasted first year of trading: "an embarrassing mess" according to the very conservative West Australian newspaper
2. Wellard's Mauro Balzarini has quit Perth in disgust (although the even more conservative Financial Review worded this as "Perth says good riddance")....
3. Wellard's Mauro Balzarini even tries to sell his jet....oh now thats really sad
4. The second-biggest shareholder in Wellard had to turn to a rival exporter to send 18,000 sheep from WA to the Middle East after a decline in business with Wellard...shame
5. Record high cattle prices....because the combination of drought and record LE numbers has depleted the national herd (and they are surprised about that?)
6. Indonesia has changed the rules again....hard not say "told you so"....and 6 LE ships remain anchored outside key northern ports as Indonesian importers negotiate terms to new breeder cattle quota rules. Dr Ross Ainsworth, said the costs to exporters having ships sitting idle was "horrendous..The ships will have to be sent somewhere else or the companies will simply run out of money." (do we dare to hope?)
7. The Bader hasnt been seen in Freo for ages (is it getting ready to be scrapped?) and the new Ocean Shearer, inexplicably, is sitting empty, all lights blazing, in Freo Port...for the 7th day.
Just every now and again the animals need to have a win. They dont know it...but now seems to be one of those times.