Latest information suggests Kuwait Livestock Transport and Trading, which trades in Australia as RETWA, has also applied for an export licence.
So lets get everything quite clear here....
- RETWA operates out of the same address as Emanuels
- RETWA is the Australian subsidiary of KLTT
- KLTT owns the Al Messilah and the Al Shuwaikh, two of the main ships used by Emanuels
- in 2003, Mr Graham Daws was Managing Director of RETWA when its licence was suspended by DAFF due to four high mortality shipments...
- during the RETWA suspension, Mr Daws was able to continue to export animals under an export licence held by Emanuel Exports Pty Ltd...a licence now cancelled.
Surely, a licence wont be granted to a company so intimately associated with another company that has just lost its licence? The public arent going to buy that one...