Plenty of voyage information from NZ now out there thanks to FOI (see below) and not much doubt about the misery:
- heat stress - sometimes acknowledged, sometimes evident in descriptions even if denied (standard Australian, and seemingly NZ practice aka Basil Fawlty is "dont mention the heat stress")
- high levels of injury and lameness, much higher than reported on Australian voyages due no doubt to breed and the consistently rough seas on these voyages from NZ to China
- insufficient bedding - noted in every report!
- ships with repetitive water leak and trough issues (and yes VALE has raised these same issues with the same ships with DAWE)
- AND RUNNING OUT OF FOOD.....a recurrent theme (as per VALE's research and exposure - see Hing et al 2021)
What these docs also show is the extreme anxiety that the lack of priority discharge causes in China - repetitively......so all eyes on the Dareen in Shanghai, still not alongside port yet...
Live Export Voyage Reports 2021.pdf